So far, Doctor Who has been very good at providing realistic costumes for its female leads. Rose’s hair, makeup and fashion sense looked appropriate for a 19-year-old girl who grew up in a London council estate. Donna wore clothes that implied she shopped in bog-standard department stores, while Martha, a doctor from a more middle-class family, looked a bit more put-together.
Then once we reach the Moffat era, both of Amy’s jobs (“kissogram” and fashion model) were based on her attractiveness, so her casual-but-beautiful appearance made sense. But Clara’s fashion sense was always a lot harder to pin down, partly because the show failed to tell us much about her as a person. The idea of her being vain and egocentric was introduced this season, but with little to back it up except the Doctor’s many inexplicable comments about her appearance.
Good or bad, I just want to know where everyone else stands?
It starts out strikingly a lot like the episode Dalek, The Doctor and his companion gets dragged into something to do with a Dalek, humans demand help and The Doctor is telling them they don’t understand, he is the Doctor and that is a Dalek. More disappointment with a lack of creativity from our head writer.
Then there is also a lovely scene where Clara may have something besides The Doctor, but of course he shows up and is like too bad, come with me, of course she obliges.
That line about how he should be paying her,or give her a raise I found deeply disturbing, they’re suppose to be equals, the companion comes with him to remind him to be kind, he needs them as much as they need him, he needs them even more in the end, but no, not here. That line implies that he does everything and she lends a helping hand as his sexy assistant, not impressed.
I may have heard wrong, but did he say geromino? I know they did in the last episode, that’s not how the phrases work, can Moffat really not think of a new one to go with the new Doctor?
Lots more time with them ramming new relationships down your throat instead of just writing well and making you love them on your own.
You figure out the Dalek is actually evil? Oh really, who would have thought that? I thought this Doctor was suppose to be darker, less happy and giddy, he lived through so much war, just like Nine did and he sees a Dalek and is convinced in two seconds that he definitely is good, let’s save him. I can understand him coming to that decision eventually, but he didn’t put up any resistance at all. Annoying.
The Doctor has always believed there are so small lives, everyone is important, etc etc. How many characters died for no reason and The Doctor just thought, meh it was going to happen. I know it’s a new Doctor and he’s different, but that’s just too different. Every other Doctor was afraid to kill anything, even the bad guys, unless they were a Dalek. I don’t get it, this episode and the last, he didn’t even look for a solution, he just let them, and watched them die.
A really irritating thing, how many times did the Dalek have to say Exterminate? Calm the fuck down Dalek.
There was probably more but I give up. Fuck.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t